Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lucky 13 again....

I am home. That was the shortest, and most efficient hospital stay I have ever had!! Went in Monday night. Got desensitized yesterday. It was super boring, sitting there in the ICU with all the gadgets hooked up to me. (measuring heart rate, oxygen saturation, blood pressure.....) Mainly a pain in the butt, but thank goodness for the MJ Memorial to keep me busy for 8 hours!! Way too much tv, but I was literally not able to move for the whole process, so it kept me occupied. I will leave MJ comments out of this blog. I don't have a lot to say about it anyway.

Well, yesterday was 14 days until induction. 2 weeks. Today 13 days. Wow, can you imagine?! I'm happy that nothing happened while I was in there this time. I would have had a hard time leaving in the middle of an ICU treatment. I just try not to think about it. But I am thrilled that that's all over. I have my new meds, and I can stay on them until tx. Which is amazing. I also found out that my friend Amy is doing really well, a few weeks after her tx, and that another lady (a 54 year old with CF) just got her call a few days ago. The 3 ladies were waiting while I was at the hospital in March, and I cannot believe they are all with their new lungs now, doing well. Wait time 4 months, 1 month, and 3 weeks. Amazing. The ward as a result is quite empty, and that is a rare thing! It's good!!

So today lucky 13. I have always had good thing happen to me on the 13th of the month, or the 13th time....it's just always been a lucky number for me. In fact we found out that we were expecting on November 13th.

Hang in there Beth!! We're almost there!

4 comments:

Cyn said...

I can not believe how quickly your pregnancy has flown by! I'm sure it's felt much longer to you and you've had so much going on during it, but I was floored to read that there's only 13 more days!!

Way to go! Your precious little girl will be here before I even get my floors cleaned (been trying all summer to get this done).

You are such an inspiration!

Wewurtskihit said...

What great news about your friends! That means you are not far off and that is even BETTER news!

only 13 days...WOWOWOW..so close. CYN is right...where has the time gone??!!!

Natalia Ritchie said...

Funny you guys say that. It feels like a life time ago when we did IVF. A lot has happened since then, and perhaps that's the reason. But we are so thrilled. I cannot believe it.

Sanda said...

I am so glad it went well and am so excited for you that you are getting so close to meeting your little girl!