The nursery is really coming along now. It looks so good I can't believe it's not even done yet. Today I picked up a few odds and ends that really made the space pop. It finally looks like a little girl is going to live there, finally!
Tonight I will start the mural on the window wall. I hope that it will not be a big job, since it's just a few wallpaper-like elements that I will paint on. Wait and see I think it will be amazing! I think once that's done I will take some pictures, since I really want to show it to everyone. The chandelier is not here yet, even though it was ordered many moons ago....many many! And that's the final big item to come. But may be I will take come pics in pieces to give everyone an idea. We've been working so hard on that room, that it needs to be seen by someone other than us!! I was hoping to have it done much sooner, but with everything taking months and months to order, and my being sick, things have been really slow. This little girl better not think of coming to us earlier than expected.
Today I took a walk down Queen Street West and stopped at a really beautiful store named Chatelet Home. Imagine an antique store for your little princess. The most beautiful things you can imagine for a nursery, for a little girl of course....
**********************
Okay, so the above was written a few days ago. I never finished it, as the last couple of days have been terrible. Generally I have not been feeling well, and last night I was terribly dizzy and nauseous. Strange symptoms that freak me out, and make me worry. This morning things seemed to have calmed down, so hopefully the day or two in bed has helped me out. Today, I hope I can get more done and more life lived.
I got my assessment package in the mail, and the dates for all my tests and appointments. Looks like by May 22 it will all be done with. From May 19th - 22nd the days will be long and the tests quite draining. I am not looking forward to that week, but just want to get through them, and get myself on that waiting list. That's my goal. Only then will I relax and focus on my babies birth. It looks like I will have a month or so before our little girl is born to get used to being on the waiting list for tx, and just focus on her arrival.
I think about what's ahead all the time. ALL the time. So many things are happening, I cannot imagine all this madness will be over within a years time. There is a level of calm that you have to gain during this time, otherwise you'll lose your mind with worry and thought and calculation. I just go day by day, night by night, and try to stay calm and focused. For those who know me, know that I am quite the Type A personality. I am demanding on myself, those around me, the world in general. I love to control things. I love to learn and grow and move ahead, never dwell or go backwards. To be in this situation right now, in many ways, is the Type A personalities worst nightmare. Total loss of control. Loss of the ability to demand yourself to do anything, your body won't allow it! AHHHH!!!! That's how I feel on most days. This, more than anything, is a lesson in patience.
Patience, patience, patience.....
My New Treatment: O to the 2
10 years ago


5 comments:
I have always lived by the saying, "Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet". Just think, any stressing that you are doing won't change the future. Only actions have a direct impact on the future. Feel better, and as always I'm thinking and praying for you.
Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie. I know, I'm working on it. =)
Patience is something I really suck at!
Feel better soon and know your in my prayers =)
I am generally the most patient person, exept when I am driving!! LOL.
I am glad your feeling a LITTLE better!!! Now it's time to relax, heal a bit more and then get ready for HELL WEEK!
Just remember that what awaits at the end of all this is life and your daughter!
(And of course us, your friends, with a big party and LOTS of hugs :-)
I SUCK at being patient, it is never my virtue. I'm a Type A personality too. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good, one more month till all this shite is done with.
Still rooting for you
Post a Comment