Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TO Star Coverage

The Toronto Star's coverage and support of Natalia's story continues - here is a link to an article today - special thanks to reporter Barbara Turnbull.
http://www.healthzone.ca/health/yourhealth/women%27shealth/article/730426--miracle-lung-transplant-call-came-literally-at-11th-hour?bn=1
To help keep you updated, Natalia continues to improve w/ leaps and bounds - general swelling has come down signficantly in the last 24 hours and today doctors tried to remove her ventilator (ahead of their original forecast of up to 2 weeks post-op) but quickly realized that her body isn't quite ready yet. Soon though. Soon.
Myles Slocombe

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting her off the ventilator would be a giant step forward. We continue to pray for her recovery step by step. I truly believe she is in the best of hands. Thanks for the update.

Sutherland Family

Taryn said...

This is amazing. She is truly defying all expectations. She is a miracle and I will continue to pray for her recovery and journey to wellness. Thanks for the update.
I saw the article and I thought it was fantastic. I'm very impressed at how the media has picked up on the story and all of you have opened up to the media.
She continues to inspire me and amaze me.
Taryn

Sally said...

Yay, yay, yay! Great news. I have such confidence that she'll be back here blogging before we know it. I pray for her every day .. she is an amazing, strong and inspiring woman.

OceanDesert said...

GREAT news!!! So proud of you, Natalia!!!

Hugs, hugs, hugs,

your cyster,

Sara

Poppy said...

So happy to hear that Natalia is improving more and more each day. The article was great, but seeing the photo really brings home how much she has gone through and how far she has to go. I feel very optimistic, Natalia has shown what a warrior she is. And she has all of you in her corner :)

Sarah Andrews said...

Just amazing and incredible news Nat! You are such a fighter and I am just so darn proud of you! You are kicking butt!

Martin:
I have always heard Nat speak about the love that you two share. But it's incredible to see how much you love her - you guys are true love.

Michal Ann said...

You are my God, and I will give You thanks; You are my God, and I will exalt You. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.
Psalm 118: 28-29

I am thankful, so thankful this American Thanksgiving Eve, that there is love all over your story, Natalia! No wonder you are growing stronger every day. I'm thankful also that some of the load has been lifted from the loving shoulders of your dear family and friends! It's "a breath of fresh air!"

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

I John 4: 7-8

Wewurtskihit said...

wtg Nat!! u keep fighting!!!

Martin - what a great husband and father you are!! You are an example to other men - keep it going!!

rb said...

I am so excited to hear about Nat's amazing progress!!

I continue to pray!! And have you all in my thoughts. Sending love to Nat.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Natalia! Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

KayeBee said...

Natalia,
So happy to hear you are improving day by day, you are a real fighter and will soon be back with your loving husband, beautiful daughter and the rest of the family...Thinking of you

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Great to hear that things are going so well, certainly her getting off the ventilator would be a huge step but it's good their not rushing things. Can't wait to hear the news that she's out of the woods!

Still praying

Blonde Saffron said...

Natalia, I can only imagine when you are awake, stronger and feeling better, you will read through all of these comments and confirm what you already knew: There are soooo many people who love you, care about you, and are praying for you to get better. :)

Good luck with the next steps in recovery.

Anna Palazola said...

If anybody has heard anything can you post in here, please...

Anna, mom of Luisa 16 wcf

Michal Ann said...

Brother John's blog is listed on Natalia's sidebar so you can go there for a bit of information...and to see two beautiful baby cousins!

http://jbandangie.blogspot.com/

What a wonderful family! Gladness and joy are overtaking sorrow and sighing. Thanks be to our Heavenly Father!

"...and the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting JOY will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." Isaiah 35:10

Blonde Saffron said...

Natalia, you have such a wonderful family who have been updating the world on your progress.

I hope that each day is getting easier for you. I cannot imagine what it is like to have that trach in right now, but hopefully it will be out soon, and you can have your lovely voice back :)

Good luck with everything,

Erinn.

Neeson Family said...

I nursed in the multi organ transplant unit and worked at the General for many years....now we live on the west coast and even here we are praying for you and following your story.Miracles happen everyday and you got yours.
God Bless Nat and family