Here are some links to CBC's most recent coverage on Natalia as the new show "Connect with Mark Kelley" follows the journey...
Installment 4 - On A Mission: Natalia's New Lungs:
http://www.cbc.ca/connect/2009/11/on-a-mission-natalias-new-lungs.html
Connect's main page for the story:
http://www.cbc.ca/connect/2009/11/natalias-new-lungs.html
Continued thanks to Producer/Reporter Nick Purdon.
Natalia's recovery continues to progress - reaching the 72 hour milestone tonight!
Myles Slocombe
My New Treatment: O to the 2
9 years ago


12 comments:
Thank you Myles. The CBC coverage is awesome and reaches all the way here to the Seattle area. I've lived in Vancouver and Victoria BC so I "speak" Canadian :). All family members, reporters and medical staff are so dedicated and tender-hearted. It's a blessing and honor to see you loving and serving at your finest. John's compassion for the donor family calls me to continued prayer for them.
I couldn't find the "65 Red Roses" story...does anyone know if it's available somehow?
You all remain in my prayers. Looking back, so much we've very specifically prayed for has come to pass. The glory goes to God for the miracles, many many miracles both medical and clearly divine. Natalia's dad's miracles did not run out as he said so sweetly!
"We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone!"
Psalm 33:20-22
What a beautiful and touching coverage on CBC. I had tears in my eyes the whole time - tears of happiness for you all.
Natalia, you continue to stay strong for your family - they love you more than words can express.
I can't wait to see pictures on this site of you and your family leaving for your journey home !!
Love Susan ( and Sasha)
The coverage of Natalia's story has been incredible.
I just saw in the comment section where one of her father's old friends from Poland saw him on TV. Good things continue to happen!
Here's to the 72 hour mark and BEYOND.
Here's to the 72 hour mark and beyond! I watched the coverage on CBC last night and have to give Nick a lot of credit. He has done an incredible job with Natalia's story. You all have put your hearts and soul into Natalia and her wishes. Myles, thank you for keeping us updated. You have done a great job that would make Natalia proud.
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with her and all of you and of course the donor family who without them this miracle would not have happened.
I looked into 65 Red Roses and it was a Passionate Eye story that was done on CBC on Sunday night. I'm not sure if you go online with cbc.ca if you can get the story that way. I'll keep looking into it.
Hi Michal Ann,
Here's a link to background on the documentary 65_RedRoses:
http://www.65redroses.com
Here's a link to the documentary itself:
http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/passionateeyeshowcase/2009/65redroses/
Thank you for all of your blog comments and support over the last weeks - tremendously appreciated.
Very Best Regards,
Myles Slocombe
Natalia, you continue to amaze me.
Just watched the most recent CBC coverage and it was incredible. So well done. You are an amazing family and you are so lucky to have one another.
Sending you best wishes and continuing to pray for steady progress.
Go Natalia Go!!!!!!
Dear Natalia, Martin, Scarlett and family,
I am constantly thinking of you and your battle against CF. It was amazing news to learn of your transplant and I am praying for you during this time.
The media coverage has been wonderful to help remind everyone of the importance of organ donation.
Natalia and Martin are a very special couple.
Thankyou to Martin and the family for sharing your story. I have been following from Australia.
I have been unwell for the majority of my life but not to the extent of Natalia. I made sure that the day I turned 18 and got my licence I had my organ donor card filled out and linked to my licence. I have ensured that all of my family and close friends know my wishes. It is comforting to me to know that if I am ever able to give someone else the chance at life I can.
Pass my love on to Natalia and hey family and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Caryn
Thoughts and prayers with your family as you continue to fight. My heart goes out to all of you.
Post a Comment