Friday, June 19, 2009

Birthday weekend and Fathers Day

I have had a good week. Since my 30th birthday is approaching, I decided to do somethings for myself that I used to do all the time, but has become harder due to the oxygen and lack of stamina. I got my nails and toes done, as well as some waxing (ouch!). I got a few nice outfits, some shoes, and got my hair done. It felt great. What an incredible pick me up....I always forget what looking good feels like, how much it helps when you're not physically and mentally 100%. Anyhow, it was great.

Tonight Martin and I went to a great Indian place for dinner with a couple that we like to hang out with. In fact my friend M is one of my oldest friendships. I have known her for many many years, and recently she accepted when I asked her to be our Scarlett's godmother. I cannot imagine a better person for the job! Anyhow, tonight it was great to see her and her boyfriend JR. We had some great conversation, and I managed to feel good through dinner. It was nice.

This weekend we have plans to spend time alone, and with my family. Angie and John are going to john Martin and I as well as my parents on Sunday for a nice birthday dinner at our club. I hope the weather is lovely and we can enjoy the patio and have a great 30th birthday celebration.





That's us waiting to go out to dinner tonight. Awwwww cute!!!

3 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! wow - 30 - you are slowly approaching adulthood!!! hehehehe

HOpe you guys have a GREAT weekend.

And Martin: HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Mark

Heidi said...

I am so glad you had a great week. Those pictures are precious! In the not so distant future you will look at those pictures and say "that was right before the baby was born, and right before MY transplant!!!" It's funny how things become pre- and post. Happy 30th tomorrow!! I hope for another great week for you!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

You guys look so sweet together! I hope it was a wonderful day.

Did you do any fancy stuff with your polish on spa day? I'm pretty plain when I get my nails done, one colour, usually in the reds, some get some really cute designs though.