For the past 30 years.....
I have done approximately 21,900 nebulized Tobra/Ventolin masks
3,650 Pulmozyme masks
swallowed about 317,550 enzymes
and 52,925 other pills
inhaled 7300 puffs of my various puffers
endured about 30,660 insulin injections
gone through 3,600 50mL IV bags
had 50 peripheral IV's
had 3 PICC lines
had 1 Port
been in the hospital about 1 year of my life
been to clinic about 204 times
(I know these are crazy numbers, it's the first time I ever thought to do these calculations...ouch!!)
For the next 30 years I want to.....
run with my daughter
play in the ocean with Martin and Scarlett
run on the beach
run anywhere
play Tennis with Martin
win the doubles championship with Martin at our club
play Tennis with Scarlett when she's old enough and watch her get better and better, until she beats her father and I
sleep without the help of oxygen, extra pillows, or anything of the sort
travel
sprint up the stairs
get rid of all my equipment
have more kids (after we have our first of course)
ride a horse again
be fit and improve without restriction of my lungs
be free of oxygen
be free of lung pain
be free of coughing, mucus, all CF related pain
cook, take care of my husband and baby on my own....like I used to, and that I love to do!!
go grocery shopping!!
oh I can go on and on......but it will be SOOOOO good.
Just thought I would put into perspective 30 years of CF. Tomorrow I start my next wonderful 30 years, since no matter what, the first 30 were incredible. I had a fantastic childhood. I loved high school and university. I met an amazing man, and got married and am about to have a baby. It's just amazing. This year, my 30th is going to be very special. During the first month I will become and mom, and will meet a very special little human being: My daughter. In the year ahead, I will hopefully get my new lungs and be able to do all these wonderful things that I have lost during the last little while. But I will never say that it will be the start of my life, since I have lived a large life always. No matter what, I have lived. And I will continue to live, but better, stronger, wiser. I cannot wait.
Today I say goodbye to my 20s, and to 30 brilliant years lived. I cannot wait for what's ahead.
My New Treatment: O to the 2
9 years ago


7 comments:
Love the post! It's amazing when you put it into numbers isn't it? But I love that you're already looking forward into your incredibly bright future. There is NO DOUBT that you will check off everything on your list!
Ronnie
Nat -
what a wonderful post. It is amazing what you have gone through the last 29 years 364 days. It will be even MORE amazing what you will experience the NEXT 29 years 364 days. And after that??!!....PARTEEE TIME>..hehehehehehe
PS: will congrat you tomorrow for sure.
It's amazing how it adds up! I love this post! I see you have chosen Scarlett for a name! SOOOOO CUTE! I love it. Have a wonderful day tomorrow! 30 is fantastic! I can't wait to hear about 31 with your nearly 1-year-old and you new lungs! It'll happen! I can see it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Great post!
I get chills to think of your wonderful year ahead and all you will experience, Nat!!!
'being free of coughing, mucus, all CF related pain'... It IS the best. So ironic too.. to think of how much of our lives we spent coughing and then after tx, you actually have to 'think' to cough!... and nothing really comes up... AMAZING!.. can't wait for you to experience it.. well, of course besides the other GREAT things that are to come!! :)
hugs!
Sara
NATALIA
On this your very special day:
HAPPPYY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
wow...you are 19 again...how DO you women do it?? LOLOL
Whatever everyone else wishes you today, we wish you double that and more to 120!!! (thats a Jiddish saying: 120 as if you were 20!!)
xoxox
Mark, Michelle, Tayleigh and Hershey!!!
Wow, your younger than me! LOL. Have a happy 30th b.day (even though I'm a bit late) and Happy Fathers Day to Martin, afterall he is a father now...and one more month it will be even more real than what it is now!!!
HAPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Can't wait to see what the next 30 years offer you, how it unfolds, it's going to be a blast, I just know it!
Happy birthday!
Welcome to your 30's :)
They truly will be our best! I am a month in myself.
I love this post crazy how all those lil enzymes add up! I am so excited for your new adventures. Scarlett is going to be so lucky to have you as her momma. You are so amazing and am so glad to call ya my Cysta :)
Post a Comment