Monday, December 8, 2008

Our first ultrasound

Today was a special day. Before I go on, I know you guys want the news, 1 or 2? Well, we are having 1. One perfect little baby. Below is our ultrasound picture. 7 weeks, 1 day. Our due date was moved up to July 26th, 2009.

It was such a thrill seeing his or her little heart beat. That strong indication of life. I watched in amazement. Martin and I created that little life, and we are so thankful. So very thankful.

I loved to see Beth again. She lives a few hours away, so seeing her is a treat. She looked great, and was so excited and amazed right along with me.

The thrill of it all is hard to explain. It is hard to put into words how I could love something so much that is .98 cm long. Something so small, but with such a strong heart already and will to live! I love this baby already. I looked at the ultrasound screen and could feel so much love for that little being. What a blessing, what a miracle. I was in heaven.

Today I am going to close my eyes as often as I can and remember that little movement of my babies heart. It is such a glorious image that I am going to savour the thought, and wait for Martin to come home so we can enjoy the moment together.

9 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

He/She is adorable.

Isnt it the greatest feeling EVER when you first see your little baby and hear her/his heartbeat??!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS again :-)

Mark

Sarah Andrews said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! What a gorgeous little bean! I am so glad that you had that moment - it's so incredible!

Natalia Ritchie said...

Mark I am so sorry that I made the stupid assumption that all you bloggers were 'ladies' in a previous comment. My appologies.

Thanks everyone for being so awesome. I am loving being able to share this with you..since most of the world does not know yet.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Awe, how sweet!! I'm glad that little babe is strong and healthy! I remember back to the first time I ever seen my babies hearts and it's just so magical. Even moreso for you since it's has been such a struggle to get here!

Congrats, and congrats again!!!!

P.S. I have read over your older posts and wrote comments in case you want to go back and read.

Christy said...

How beautiful.. the picture and your story!!! I'm so excited for you guys.

Sanda said...

Found your blog through Mark's blog - congratulations on a beautiful first ultrasound!!!

Karma & Adam said...

Congratulations! This is my first visit to your blog. Isn't it amazing when you see that little heart beating? That moment still really stands out for me...now I sometimes just place my hand on my daughter's 6 month old little chest and feel that same heartbeat, remembering what it was like to see it for the first time. Such a great experience!

N said...

The first ultrasound was, I think, the most memorable moment for me in the whole pregnancy. It was just such an amazing time. Congratulations on seeing that beautiful little baby! I'm so happy for you.

Wewurtskihit said...

Natalia...its ok..i am very much in touch with my femine side (((wink)))