What can I say about 2009. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think things would go as they did, but at the same time, now things are perfect, as they should be. I have my husband, my daughter, and my new lungs. Somehow, 2009 accomplished what we wanted, but it was a battle in every way.
On July 17th, we finally met our little girl Scarlett after a lot of hard work getting her here. But it was more than worth it as we met the most amazing family on the way. Scarlett came into our lives and changed everything for the better. She is now 5 months and amazes all of us, and is a true blessing in all of the pain that we have all had to endure otherwise. We just love our Scarlett Anna more than anything. I cannot wait to back home with her very soon taking care of her, being her mom.
Health. 2009 was the year of bad and good health. In January 2009 I was already very unwell and on IV antibiotics. In fact I was on IV's most of 2009, until this miracle came and I got the lungs I needed. It began to be incredibly difficult in the summer, when I had to use oxygen 24 hours a day and life just had no quality left to it. It was then that all we could do was wait. No one expected me to get that sick. It happened so fast. From lungs that still somewhat worked for me, to ones that were no longer working in a matter of a week. Then came the ventilator, sedation, ICU, TGH, Novalung, and finally before there were no more options, a donor. Lungs. That miracle. How it all unfolded, is a story I am yet to tell. It is uncanny. Due to the media coverage, the story was much more than a regular transplant. But I will leave that for another time. There is too much to say, too much to write about. Much of it is just pure miracle.
On the family side of things, we once again proved that together we are stronger than when we are apart. There was a wedding, John and Angie's. And their little girl born November 13th, Sophie. All such amazing news.
So, we welcome 2010. It will be amazing. A new chapter, and a new beginning of sorts, but really a continuation of my life. Good or bad. With all it's up and downs. My life.
My New Treatment: O to the 2
10 years ago


13 comments:
Here is to new beginnings and hopefully a better 2010! You have had an amazing 2009 that has inspired and amazed many people. I'm sure you will continue to do that in 2010. You are an incredible person who has just faced every obstacle in your way with such bravery, strength and determination. You are a walking miracle and your family is a testament to who you are and what is important in life. All the best in 2010!
Happy New Year Nat! Wishing you sooooo much for this next year and new decade. Huge hugs lady!
Cheers!
Natalia,
I wish you and your family the best of everything for 2010. I know that it will be a great year for all of you with great things to come.
Well said.
Happy New Year. I'm hoping that 2010 will be a year of wonder, more blessings and good health for you and your family.
2010 has already started out in an amazing way for the Ritchies. I can't wait to follow along as this year unfolds for you, Natalia!
Happy New Year Ritchie family! And the B family! (I wasn't about to try to spell your maiden name!!)
An AMAZING 2010 for your guys!!! NAT - welcome back!! MISSED YOU LOTS!!!
XOX)
Mark and Tayleigh
Natalia,
I forgot to write it in comments for the last post-- those pictures are beautiful and amazing.
Thanks.
Happy happy wonderful and full new year! Every morning when I wake up and am aware of the ease with which another breath fills my lungs, I think of you and pray.
May God keep blessing you and your powerful witness in this LIFE, this abundant and eternal LIFE! May you be full of joy and peace.
Philippians 4:4-9 (New Living Translation)
4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts [and LUNGS] and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
Dear Ritchies Family,
Hoping for continued recovery in 2010. Like your family we too were at the very threshold of death in it's shadow until the TGH Surgeons rescued our daughter from certain death, first with Novalung then new lungs. We are praying you will all be able to be home together again very soon.
Sutherland Family
I missed everyone too! so much. I have been reading all your comments from the past weeks and months and am so thankful to have my blog and the friends that I have made along the way.
It's so great to see you back. Your family did a remarkable job keeping up with your blog, and I talk about you and your family to anyone who will listen. You just inspire me, what you have been through as an individual and a family in just one short year, and most importantly what you overcame!
I've missed you so much and it's going to be a great year next year. With Scarlett, and your new niece, 2 tiny lives that will forever change you. As well, new lungs, can there be anything better! A whole new life, and whole new you, and it hasn't been without struggle, but so very much deserved!
Happy New Year Nat, I probably make no sense cause I'm just so giddy with joy!
Hoping that your 2010 is one full of great memories and making new ones!
Post a Comment