Friday, August 21, 2009

I miss my blog!

I know everyone gets worried when I don't write in a while, and I don't want anyone to worry! I am doing fine. No call yet, and nothing else to report.

Things have been busy I feel, may be due to my going to physio twice a week at TGH, or with Scarlett growing in her little milestones. We had a doctor visit this week and our little girl is not so little. 11lbs 12oz. Yeah we know. No need to say it. 97th percentile. This is certainly something that you aim to be in the 50th percentile range, but hey, this is how she rolls!! Our Scarlett likes to eat and sleep, and as I said is a previous post, has not yet learned how to burn some of that off. Again, we're not complaining, more like finding her mildly amusing. She is, as a result, one of the most cuddly babies you can imagine. All pudge and smiles. Yes there have been smiles, looking around at mommy, daddy, and grandma, and a strong love affair with her soother. Everyday I feel like she's bigger, happier, and stronger. She keeps her head up when we're on the bed together and we're tummy to tummy, looking at me. She's one strong kid. Just how we like 'em!

We also got her sitting in her Hushamok, that just arrived last week after a 4 month waiting time. But it came just in time for her to hang out in it. She loves it. It's in the kitchen where she can watch my mom cook or prepare bottles. I think she looks hilarious in it!! Picture below:

(Scarlett thinking she's pretty cool)

So there you have it. Our little one month old, nearly 12 pound baby!! Who would have guessed it. She is by far the best baby I could have ever have imagined having. It makes me smile just writing about. Everyday she becomes more and more like a little person and less and less like a baby. Which is funny to say, since she's a month old, but it's true. She's developing ways that she looks at me, or parts of her personality shine through, and I think to myself, that was another day of her life. Wow.

The other day I was think about the future, and I pictured Scarlett thinking about her past one day. It will happen. One day Scarlett will be sitting in her dorm room, or in her apartment, or in her house, or at her boyfriends house, or with her husband on a family vacation, and she will think about the story of her life. Experience tells me this will happen. We all do it, sit back a few times (or many times) in our lives and reflect. Something grasps us, and we think of something and we wonder how that part of our undiscovered lives felt like. These days I look at Scarlett and I wish she was old enough for me to tell her the million things that I want her to know. About what her mommy and daddy are going through right now, the fight that we have encountered, and will continue to cope with for the rest of our lives. I know that one day when she does start to think about it, I will be there to tell her so many things, and when I am not there her dad will be. There will also be my writing. Lots of it. She will know everything. But I still think there were things I could explain, now, that I will let go of, then. I think most people if they were to explain to their children something when their children were babies, the explanation would be quite different than later in life, may be simply due to the passage of time. May it's a way to only remember the good stuff, not dwell on the hard times. I don't know, but whatever it is, that's why I am writing.

When I write this blog, I often write to someone....but to whom? I sometimes write to the blog world, but in reality more friends and family read this than strangers. And really, I don't write for strangers, no matter how much I love and have grown to rely on the friendship of people I have never met. I feel silly writing in the old school way, the dear diary type of way, it never felt normal to me to write to a diary fairy...or book, or whatever that being was to be on the other side. Anyhow, the more I thought about it, and re-read my older posts (before the talk of Scarlett being Scarlett, or tx for that matter) I always get the sense I am writing to my child or children. I am almost certain there will be more. So, from now on I will write to Scarlett. I think this will allow me to say more, be more focused, and feel more of a purpose to my day. I want to write Scarlett about today, as tomorrow is uncertain. So when she has those moments in time later on in her life, when she's thinking about her life, this part of the story is quite a lot more clear to her. Since I told it to her right from the very beginning of her life. The reason I have decided to keep this public, is simply that I don't want to stop this blog, but I feel that if I start to write only for Scarlett I will be too tired to write things twice. We'll see.

5 comments:

Cyn said...

I rarely comment, but I read as soon as a new post comes up. I LOVE the idea of you writing FOR Scarlett and I consider it a privilege to follow along. By allowing 'strangers' to read along you teach us all important lessons about life, hope, love and remind us all about what is truly important.
Thank you for such a wonderful gift! I think of you and your family daily and can't wait for the day you get your call!
Scarlett is so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy!

Wewurtskihit said...

Yes you are right - you dont blog for a day or 3 we get worried!!!! So STOP IT!!! LOL

I am in the same boat as you are when it comes to writing. Do I write for US/Tayleigh or family or do I write because...........I dont know.

All I know is I cherish everyone that reads our blog and hopefully one day we can all meet and get the kids to become life-long friends!!

so keep writing and see you soon somewhere!!! :-)

Piper said...

i just want to say that you write a beautiful blog. your words are honest and inspiring, and your daughter will be blessed to read it someday, as we all are. i'm waiting for transplant as well in new york, and i just relate so much to so many of your posts!

just wanted to come "out of the woodwork" and say hi. thanks so much for sharing with us!

piper

Karma & Adam said...

I am one of the strangers reading your blog. I too have my own story that starts with cancer and ends with our perfect little girl, carried by my sister. Like your blog, much of my own has been for my daughter - but it has also been for me. It's a place where I worked stuff out, both while I waited for Addison and after she arrived. I can't wait for her to read it when she's old enough!
Writing for Scarlett is a perfect idea - that way you won't have to remember history. It will all be there, written in real time, for your little girl.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I use to be a stranger, and still am in a funny sort of way, but I love following your blog. I find you inspiring and your written text reminds me to appreciate my own just a little more. You share true courage and dedication to you, your family, your dreams and desires, that's inspiring. This blog may be for Scarlett, but you are touching my life too (and many others I believe as well) I am lucky to be able to follow along in such a personal journey, to scarlett to transfer, to wherever your blog takes us. Thank you.