Sunday, May 31, 2009

My most amazing baby shower!

(Our pretty flowers and champagne glasses)

Yesterday was my baby shower, and I have to say it was one of the best days that I have had in many many months. It was very tiring, and took a lot out of me - but it was SO worth it!!

My friend Katya offered her house for the occasion, and my sister in law did all the rest, and it turned out just as I pictured it. Most of my friends were there, and everyone got to meet Beth, which was very important to me. Until then she was just someone I spoke of, but no one got to meet (due to Beth and I living quite a distance away from each other). Since Beth is such an important person in my life, I wanted everyone that I knew to know her. I wanted to show that belly to those that loved me and say, 'that's my daughter in there, and this is the lady that's helping make it all happen!!'

The best part of the day (aside from the friends, the food, the perfect weather, the baby things...) was knowing and feeling the support of my family and friends. Support not only for the surrogacy, but also for everything that Martin and I were going through. I had not seen many people in that room for a long time. There were many phone and email conversations had, but not in person. So it was nice to get to do that.

I came away with knowing, once again, that I have an incredible group of friends. Friends that stand by me and love me, and support me when times really do get hard. Friends that I have known from middle school age, to high school, university, and later on in life. I think about it now, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have all of you!! Thank you!

Below are some pictures of the event. We have many, and you can find them on my Facebook page, but here are a selected few:
(All the amazing food prepared by Angie)

(Cupcakes by Coconut Girl designs, aka Kyla)

(the two hosts, Angie and Katya)

(that's me, enjoying some champagne, cupcake....and oxygen)

(Jess, Beth, and Sherri)

(High school reunion)

(At the end of the party, a few of us left....)

I could not have imagined a better day for my baby and me!! Seeing how big Beth's belly is made me super excited once again for the little time we have left until she is here. Now all we have to do, is put away all the beautiful things that we got for our baby (and we got so many fantastic gifts!!) and make sure that we're not missing a thing. Then we wait....

4 comments:

Cyn said...

So glad the day was perfect! Beth does look amazing and it's go great to put a face and belly to the name!

You looked beautiful and radiant!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing day! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!

OceanDesert said...

Dear, dear Natalia... This post swelled my heart with happiness for you and Martin and all your fam and friends surrounding you... This helps me imagine perhaps my own baby shower one day... Thank you so much for your continued good thoughts... Tx is a tough road... but a great road.. a really great road... And I've been thinking how much greater it is because of the people you meet along that journey... I'm so glad we met.

ps...Beth looks like a wonderful, wonderful person... there goes my heart swelling again.. :)

Sara

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I'm so glad you got that special day and I'm sure equally nice that Beth got to join in. Surrogacy is a true miracle that science has allowed, and I'm glad you have so much support around you.

Not long now!!