Friday, February 19, 2010

You push, push, push, push, and somethings gotta give. And it does.

Pain stinks. But when it's over, and some relief comes somehow, it feels so good. Like the skies open up.
I feel like I have been pushing and pushing through the pain and the misery that comes with it, and finally, finally I have arrived somewhere else. Standing still is not my thing. So this is great.

I had a busy week, mostly at TGH. I am working out there more and more, and even take up days that I am not due there, just to get some extra time exercising my body. I also had clinic this morning very early. I wanted to have them check a few things out - basically me being super careful with everything. The great news is that my lung function was the highest yet, and everything else looks great. Going to tx clinic, as opposed to my CF clinic, is that when I went to my CF clinic it was bad news pretty much always. Always lower numbers, always something. Here I go in and actually enjoy speaking to everyone and seeing my numbers grow, seeing that great clear x-ray, and that higher weight. It feels good.

After clinic today I went to the treadmill room and got a god work out in. I really pushed it on the bike for 40 minutes. It felt amazing. I went up in all my weights also. 7lbs bicep and triceps. 5lbs ankle weights for all my leg exercises. 5lbs for squats. All felt challenging, but good. The changes in my legs and arms are really starting to show.

So, in 2 days I will be 3 months post transplant! Which means that I will have my assessment and which also means I will start to go to my club to work out. I always said that I would wait until my 3 month until I went to work out somewhere else but home and TGH. Mostly as an infection control protocol. I'm pretty excited about it. I want to start with a beginners YOGA class to get my flexibility back - since tx I am so stiff and sore, I know this will really help.

Yesterday was a special day, that I hoped to mark with a post, but it was just too busy. It was Scarlett's 7 month!! My little girl is getting so big. She's doing so many new things, sitting and laughing and rolling EVERYWHERE!! It's quite amazing to watch. I just hope I can run before she can walk =)

Celebrating a good day today, and hopefully many more to come.

7 comments:

Blonde Saffron said...

Sounds like a great day!!!! Good luck in the days to come!

jojo said...

Nat, I've just realised that your lungs and my baby-to-be are the same age.

I'm (or more aptly, my surrogate mother) reached 12 weeks yesterday.

We have a miracle in common.

x

Julia said...

I am sure this is just the beginning of many many good days and years to come. So glad you are feeling better.

Jess said...

Yay for good news!! Happy for you!

Sarah Andrews said...

You are doing so well Nat! I have to say that it does make me a little nervous with you going to a public gym. It's only because I am a total germaphob but I am happy that you are reaching that milestone. 3 months post transfer - time sure does fly!

And happy 7 months to Scarlett. I will always remember her on the 17th as she and Miss B share that day and are exactly 6 months apart! Her latest pics on FB are awesome! Time for a rolling video maybe?

Angie said...

I'm so happy for you!! this is everything we hope for for post tx cf'ers. keep up the awesome work. Please be careful being around all those new people at a regular gym. That is such a big step, good for you!

Wewurtskihit said...

I am SO totally excited for you and your progress!! I am so amazed, you are such a strenght!!

dont worry...you WILL be able to run before she walks (ok..maybe before she drives but who's really counting as long as you can run again...LOL)